The Governing Body of Matthew Arnold Primary School
Welcome to our Governors page.
We hope to inform you of our responsibilities in ensuring the continued success of the school.
Our main responsibilities are:
- Making sure that all children attending the school are happy, healthy and enjoy their learning experience whilst here at the school
- Making sure the National Curriculum is provided
- Help to establish the aims and policies of the school
- Appointing, developing and supporting staff
- Acting as a link between the local community and the school
- Help support the Headteacher in their role, act as a critical friend and make decisions about the school
Mr B Sewell
Mrs J Doran - (Also a Governor at Rudston Primary School)
Ms S Williams - Vice Chair
Mr A Brougham - Safeguarding Governor
Mr T Byrne - Headteacher
Mrs K Carter
Mrs S Adams - Chair
Ms B Williams
Mrs V Moore
Clerk to Governing Body
Miss J Pritchard
- Dates for all meetings for this academic year can be found below.
- An attendance record at each governing body and committee meeting over the last academic year can be found by clicking Attendance-Strategy and Performance Committee
- Governor's Attendance-Business and Resources Committee